Today’s episode with Laxmi Ramanath is all about channeling your technical side. She’s a fintech CEO and founder of LaMeer, Inc. a Global Risk and Compliance Management Software Company that transacts business in the U.S., Europe, Canada, and the U.K., and has been named to the coveted RegTech100 list for 2021.
Laxmi has over 25 years of worldwide experience in building complex financial market systems and was part of the moonshot to automate the Bombay Stock Exchange.
“Using technology to help businesses is what I do best,” Laxmi says. And we would agree. With a backbone in physics, banking, and capital markets, Laxmi’s career has touched technology and left a paper trail of dust wherever she goes.
Listen to this amazing episode to gain a deeper understanding of Laxmi’s origin story and background which served as the basis for LaMeer, Inc. You’ll also discover the importance and convergence of technology, risk management, and compliance, as ways to protect the common man and even predict potential situations from leading to a larger crisis.
Join the conversation to hear about:
· How LaMeer, Inc. got its name (05:16)
· The most important story of Laxmi’s life (08:09)
· Laxmi’s journey into risk management (10:00)
· LaMeer, Inc. leap into global markets (15:00)
· How Laxmi manages to stay ahead of the compliance curve (18:20)
· The effect of the COVID outbreak on Laxmi’s company (22:09)
· How LaMeer, Inc. supports its enterprise customers (28:06)
· The meaning and importance of RegTech (32:05)
· How a degree in physics and an MBA helped form big picture thinking (38:51)
· Visibility and transparency in market dynamics (41:31)
· Looking back at the speed of tech (45:38)
· The importance of learning to connect the dots (52:02)
· Mentoring young girls at 100WomenInFinance (54:36)
· The one thing to do differently in the next 90 days (59:00)
· Laxmi Ramanath LinkedIn
· Laxmi Ramanath Twitter
· La Meer, Inc. Website
· La Meer, Inc. – RegTech100 2021 News Release
· 100 Women in Finance
· Premia – Professional Risk Managers’ International Association - San Francisco